Hotel Industry News – Hotel News Resource
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hotel industry and travel business news from the Hotel News Resource.
- U.S. Hotel Profitability Improvements Slow in August
U.S. Hotel Profitability Improvements Slow in August - Overall hotel profitability was positive for the second consecutive month, according to STR's August P&L report.
- Sonesta Adds Sonesta Suites Dallas Park Central and Sonesta ES Suites Dallas Park Central Hotels
Sonesta Adds Sonesta Suites Dallas Park Central and Sonesta ES Suites Dallas Park Central Hotels - Sonesta Suites Dallas Park Central, formerly the Crowne Plaza Dallas Park Central, is located in the heart of the North Dallas Park Central Business District.
- HotStats Global Hotel Industry Outlook Reveals U.S. Only Region to Not Return to Profitability
HotStats Global Hotel Industry Outlook Reveals U.S. Only Region to Not Return to Profitability - Hoteliers outside the U.S. have cause for muffled celebration: Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East all showed positive gross operating profit per available room (GOPPAR) in August. The U.S. now becomes the only region that has yet to turn a positive month of profit since the COVID-19 pandemic took hold. Meanwhile, China is showing a true V-shaped recovery in profit, having matched December 2019 GOPPAR in August.
- August 2020 America Monthly GDP Rises 10.4%
August 2020 America Monthly GDP Rises 10.4% - Todays preliminary (second) monthly estimate of real gross domestic product, monthly˗GDP, visualizes $51 billion more GDP in August, formed on refreshed, complete and revised source data, than were available for the flash August estimate released earlier this month.
- When we closed some Mandarin Oriental hotels in response to COVID-19, the management team created a task force including myself as Group Director of Rooms and Quality and eleven hotel managers. The objective was to figure out how we would reopen, what would be different, and what would be the same.
- Hyatt Expands 'Work From Hyatt' Package To New Hotels Across North America And The Caribbean
Hyatt Expands 'Work From Hyatt' Package To New Hotels Across North America And The Caribbean - New extended-stay offer now includes nearly 60 participating locations
- Sonesta Atlanta Northwest Galleria Hotel Opens
Sonesta Atlanta Northwest Galleria Hotel Opens - Sonesta Atlanta Northwest Galleria, formerly Wyndham Atlanta Galleria, is in the heart of the city's cultural attractions. Within minutes of the hotel, enjoy shopping at Cumberland Mall or a day at TruistPark cheering on the Atlanta Braves. Explore downtown for popular attractions such as Mercedes-Benz Stadium, State Farm Arena, The King Center, and Six Flags Over Georgia.
- TownePlace Suites Columbus North-OSU Opens in Upper Arlington
TownePlace Suites Columbus North-OSU Opens in Upper Arlington - The TownePlace Suites Columbus North-OSU is part of the Westmont at The Lane mixed-use development, which will include 133 for-rent apartments, eight for-sale townhomes, a 395-space public parking garage, 110-space public parking lot and 32,000 SF of office, retail and restaurant space.
- Voco Paris Montparnasse Hotel Opens
Voco Paris Montparnasse Hotel Opens - voco opens first hotel in France
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Appoints Veteran Media, Entertainment and Real Estate Investment Executive Tomago Collins to Board of Directors
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Appoints Veteran Media, Entertainment and Real Estate Investment Executive Tomago Collins to Board of Directors - In his current role as a senior executive, Collins works closely with ownership and senior leaders across a multibillion-dollar portfolio of Kroenke-owned global businesses on strategy, communications and development. Mr. Collins also serves on multiple company and non-profit boards, focusing on guiding environmental, social and governance strategies.
- Contactless Technology Partners Share Exclusive Insights In New EBook About Budgeting During A Crisis
Contactless Technology Partners Share Exclusive Insights In New EBook About Budgeting During A Crisis - 'Budgeting During a Crisis: What is Mission Critical for the Guest Experience?' explores different topics that are of particular interest and relevance when looking at the future of hospitality, including the current challenges, the value of hotel tech during a crisis, the importance of smart integrations and contactless solutions, as well as reducing technology's total cost of ownership for hotels.
- How To Use Cultural Tourism For Increased Travel and Tourism Traffic
How To Use Cultural Tourism For Increased Travel and Tourism Traffic - There are many reasons why people enjoy holiday travels for relaxation, knowledge, events, exciting adventures, and more. The connection between culture and tourism in the travel industry can be more explicitly explained as the consumption of a specific form - 'Cultural Tourism'.
Hospitality – Lodging & Travel Industry News
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hospitality and travel news from the BBC.
- A rare fruit grown inside a castle
A rare fruit grown inside a castle - Originating from a single castle-bound tree, this fruit is becoming renowned
- An 8,000km underwater forest
An 8,000km underwater forest - It was so unknown, it didn’t even have a name until 2016
- The wickedest city on Earth?
The wickedest city on Earth? - It turned into an unhinged haven of alcohol, money and sex
- The Knights Templar’s secret tunnels
The Knights Templar’s secret tunnels - This small stone church is one of the world’s most overlooked Templar sites
- The superfood that defied British rule
The superfood that defied British rule - This ‘vegan sensation’ has repeatedly helped save a nation from starvation
- Amsterdam’s most unusual canal tour
Amsterdam’s most unusual canal tour - “It sounds perverse, but our main goal is to end our company”
- The discovery of a lost, ancient world
The discovery of a lost, ancient world - It’s shifted how archaeologists see the Maya civilisation
- Europe’s tiny city of 168 countries
Europe’s tiny city of 168 countries - It’s one world’s most diverse capitals – with only 120,000 residents
- The ‘wine windows’ of Florence
The ‘wine windows’ of Florence - Few locals knew their original function before the pandemic
- The nation being swallowed by the sea
The nation being swallowed by the sea - One of the most vulnerable countries on Earth has had to adapt