Hotel Industry News – Hotel News Resource
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hotel industry and travel business news from the Hotel News Resource.
- Swiss-Belinn Sharq Kuwait Hotel Opens
Swiss-Belinn Sharq Kuwait Hotel Opens - Swiss-Belhotel International has announced the opening of Swiss-Belinn Sharq Kuwait. This property, featuring 51 keys, is located in the heart of the Kuwait City overlooking the Kuwait Bay 17 Km from Kuwait International Airport.
- September America's Monthly GDP Rose
September America's Monthly GDP Rose - America's real monthly GDP
- Marriott International Announces David Rodriguez to Retire As Global Chief Human Resources Officer
Marriott International Announces David Rodriguez to Retire As Global Chief Human Resources Officer - Marriott Veteran Ty Breland Named Successor
- HR Training in the Time of COVID: Commit to a Meaningful Cultural Change - By John Reyna
HR Training in the Time of COVID: Commit to a Meaningful Cultural Change - By John Reyna - If you happened to read my pre-event blog post, then you already know about my excitement to attend Phillip R. Maltins presentation about Solving the Mystery of Employment Law: Techniques for Controlling the Workforce and Staying out of Court. Well, it did not disappoint. I walked out of Mr. Maltins presentation with a better understanding of employment law, and Im certain that I was not the only one.
- Scandic Reports Strong Results and Cash Flow for Third Quarter 2021
Scandic Reports Strong Results and Cash Flow for Third Quarter 2021 - Scandics adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter was 709 MSEK. As a result of strong cash flow, Scandics net debt decreased by slightly more than 500 MSEK during the quarter.
- Is the Neoluxury Traveler Leading Industry Recovery? - PhocusWire
Is the Neoluxury Traveler Leading Industry Recovery? - PhocusWire - The idea of luxury has evolved and what used to be all about owning property or top brand goods is now about experiencing a product or service. The neoluxury traveler has emerged in recent years and some say they are taking democratization of luxury to the next step.
- Microservice Tech is the Future for Hotels - PhocusWire
Microservice Tech is the Future for Hotels - PhocusWire - Over the last few decades in travel technology, client-server architecture has been the IT standard across the world. Even though this method served the industrys basic needs for many years, it has also been responsible for inefficient, hard-to-scale systems that lack the agility required in todays fast-paced travel environment.
- 149 Room Residence Inn by Marriott Playa Del Carmen Hotel Opens
149 Room Residence Inn by Marriott Playa Del Carmen Hotel Opens - Located in the Playacar complex, Residence Inn Playa del Carmen offers 149 pet-friendly spacious suites combining comfort and style with fully equipped kitchens complete with a refrigerator, cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, residential-size appliances, dishes and cookware.
- US Hoteliers Optimistic As Borders Reopen for Non-Essential Travel - CoStar
US Hoteliers Optimistic As Borders Reopen for Non-Essential Travel - CoStar - Canadian and Mexican Borders Slated To Welcome Travelers on Nov. 8
- 172 Key Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento Hotel Opens
172 Key Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento Hotel Opens - Hyatt and Presidio Companies announced last week the opening of Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento. The property is owned by Presidio Companies and managed by Evolution Hospitality, the lifestyle operating division of Aimbridge Hospitality.
- Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club Sold
Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club Sold - Property to be redeveloped as a 125-acre Four Seasons resort
- How Can Hotels Forecast and Manage Revenue Given the Volatility of Travel?
How Can Hotels Forecast and Manage Revenue Given the Volatility of Travel? - OTA Insights CCO and Co-founder, Gino Engels, recently spoke at Leadership from Chaos London and provided analysis on the recovery of Europes travel and hotel industry backed by forward-looking data.
Hospitality – Lodging & Travel Industry News
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hospitality and travel news from the BBC.
- The Greek region too remote for maps
The Greek region too remote for maps - It was once so inaccessible that it was literally "unwritten"
- Spain's untapped 'liquid gold'
Spain's untapped 'liquid gold' - It's one of the last places in Europe to carry on this age-old tradition
- A mystery off Canada's coast
A mystery off Canada's coast - Until recently, these ancient sea gardens were overlooked by Western science
- Japan's little-known geisha centre
Japan's little-known geisha centre - Even many Japanese don't know about it
- The chef reinventing Icelandic cuisine
The chef reinventing Icelandic cuisine - The kelp he pulls off giant rocks are longer than a firehose
- Ireland's mysterious naked sweathouses
Ireland's mysterious naked sweathouses - They're scattered across the country and testify to Ireland's steamy past
- How much does the Earth weigh?
How much does the Earth weigh? - A Scottish mountain helped scientists find the answer
- The world's safest cities in 2021
The world's safest cities in 2021 - Covid-19 has forced cities to re-evaluate what security means for urban life
- The world's hardest cheese?
The world's hardest cheese? - It can be eaten for up to 20 years
- Yemen's ancient skyscraper cities
Yemen's ancient skyscraper cities - Incredibly, construction usually didn't use scaffolding