Hotel Industry News – Hotel News Resource
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hotel industry and travel business news from the Hotel News Resource.
- Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs Opens
Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs Opens - Margaritaville and Davidson Hotels & Resorts debut Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs, a desert oasis located in the heart of Palm Spring's Uptown Design District. This property is the first Margaritaville resort to open on the West Coast.
- Technology and trends are constantly evolving, and this year in particular, many tech solutions became not just popular but vital for hotel businesses all around the world. Building on the current state and needs of the travel and hospitality business, we can already predict a number of tech trends that impact the course of the industry, as well as hotel operations and the guest experience. Lets dive deeper into the top technology trends in travel for 2021 and the reasons why they will undoubtedly rise in importance and popularity.
- Discussion of Hospitality Technology Across the Atlantic - By Carl Weldon, HFTP COO Europe
Discussion of Hospitality Technology Across the Atlantic - By Carl Weldon, HFTP COO Europe - Cyber HITEC featured a new virtual session this year that built a bridge across the Atlantic Ocean and brought together two regions separated by a common language. This engaging session was called the 'HFTP Europe: Technology and Tea' Hangout, and featured an interview-style discussion between me, this years HFTP Paragon Award-winner Ian Millar, CHTP and hospitality technology executive Barry Thomas, CHTP.
- The Mayfair Townhouse Hotel Opens in London
The Mayfair Townhouse Hotel Opens in London - The Mayfair Townhouse, a new high-end neighbourhood hotel opens Autumn 2020 overlooking London's Green Park. Part of Iconic Luxury Hotels, this will be the fifth hotel in the portfolio.
- The 5-star hotel will be the result of the complete refurbishment and restoration of the historic Palazzo Venezia, one of the most recognisable buildings in Piazza Cordusio, just a few metres from Piazza del Duomo in the centre of Milan.
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group to Manage and Re-brand the Historic Savoy Baur En Ville Hotel in Zurich
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group to Manage and Re-brand the Historic Savoy Baur En Ville Hotel in Zurich - The hotel, which first opened in 1838, is a landmark property on Paradeplatz, the main square in the city centre. It is located in the heart of the old town, within the main business centre, close to the city's leisure attractions and a short walk from the shores of Lake Zurich.
- 10 Ways to Identify Link Building Opportunities For Hotels - By Phil Foriska
10 Ways to Identify Link Building Opportunities For Hotels - By Phil Foriska - There are tons of methods out there for identifying link building opportunities, but I wanted to highlight some for those who are new to link building. Most old school SEOs will know about these methods or use similar tactics to find the same info, but this list may be useful to businesspeople and hoteliers looking to try their hand at hotel marketing and who want to take the next step with their skills. Below youll find a variety of tools and tactics that will help you find out where your brand or niche is being mentioned.
- Mövenpick, together with Singaporean-based global hospitality group, Global Premium Hotels, have signed a hotel management agreement to open the first Mövenpick hotel in Australia.
- The Middle East Hotel Construction Pipeline Continues to Decline
The Middle East Hotel Construction Pipeline Continues to Decline - According to the latest published Construction Pipeline Trend Report for the Middle East, analysts at Lodging Econometrics (LE) state at the end of the third quarter of 2020, the hotel construction pipeline in the Middle East declined again to 579 projects/168,042 rooms.
- China's Hotel Construction Pipeline Continues to Remain Robust at the Q3 2020 Close
China's Hotel Construction Pipeline Continues to Remain Robust at the Q3 2020 Close - According to the latest China Construction Pipeline Trend Report, analysts at Lodging Econometrics (LE) report that Chinas total hotel construction pipeline remains robust at 3,409 projects/634,119 rooms, up 1% by projects and rooms year-over-year (YOY).
- Vera Manoukian Named Chief Operating Officer for Sonesta International Hotels
Vera Manoukian Named Chief Operating Officer for Sonesta International Hotels - Ms. Manoukian recently served as the Global Head of the Hilton Brand at Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Inc. where she led the strategic direction, vision, and growth for nearly 600 properties in 95 countries.
- 4 Reasons GOPPAR Should Be on Your List of KPIs
4 Reasons GOPPAR Should Be on Your List of KPIs - Looking for a hotel KPI thats guaranteed to support a stronger hotel performance plan? Try gross operating profit per available room (GOPPAR) on for size. Sure, the top line mattersyou cant turn a profit without revenuebut the bottom line is a true measurement of all hotel revenue and expense. Thats where GOPPAR becomes the gold standard of hotel KPIs.
Hospitality – Lodging & Travel Industry News
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hospitality and travel news from the BBC.
- The untranslatable word for overeating
The untranslatable word for overeating - It’s when you didn’t intend to eat so much but you “accidentally did”
- Canada’s forgotten Hawaiian islands
Canada’s forgotten Hawaiian islands - “I found the story by chance during a cocktail party”
- The Amazon’s staple food that kills
The Amazon’s staple food that kills - It’s a story of ancestral wisdom, rare languages and poison
- India's go-to fruit for most occasions
India's go-to fruit for most occasions - Here, the fruit is used as a remedy for all ills, physical and spiritual
- A drink that forever changed Britain
A drink that forever changed Britain - Some thought it was a threat to the monarchy
- The city that kept slavery silent
The city that kept slavery silent - It was home to the first black people in the Americas
- Italy's beloved 'pizza of the people'
Italy's beloved 'pizza of the people' - Fried pizza is the lesser-known cousin of Neapolitan pizza
- The country ruled by kindness
The country ruled by kindness - Regardless of nationality, religion or class, there is no “other” here
- A Chinese spice so hot it cools
A Chinese spice so hot it cools - Its effects are said to be both physiological and mental
- The least British of the British Isles?
The least British of the British Isles? - It’s as if the rules and laws of the rest of the UK don’t apply here