Hotel Industry News – Hotel News Resource
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hotel industry and travel business news from the Hotel News Resource.
- Lastest Industry Survey Shows How North American Destination Organizations Are Impacted by the Escalating Effects of COVID-19
Lastest Industry Survey Shows How North American Destination Organizations Are Impacted by the Escalating Effects of COVID-19 - MMGY Travel Intelligence has released the inaugural findings from a benchmark series of biweekly surveys of North American destination professionals. The surveys track how this sector has been affected by COVID-19 and what shifts organizations are making during a period of very fluid change. Preliminary findings reveal that, in the span of about two weeks, the reverberations of the pandemic dramatically changed the sectors outlook, operations and marketing spending.
- Payment Processing Data Shows Severe Impact on Hotels and Restaurants
Payment Processing Data Shows Severe Impact on Hotels and Restaurants - California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas Lead Dramatic Declines
- Global real estate advisor, CBRE, has advised CIMC Capital Ltd. (CIMC) on the sale of Hampton by Hilton at Bristol Airport for over £24m to Ability Group.
- Webinar on April 2, 2020: Hospitality in the Time of Coronavirus
Webinar on April 2, 2020: Hospitality in the Time of Coronavirus - Please join me and my esteemed co-panelists for an online presentation sponsored by NEXT Events and ICD Publications, titled 'Hospitality in the Time of Coronavirus: Solutions for Our Industry.' The program will take place online on Thursday, April 2nd, from 2:00 PM EST 3:00 PM EST.
- CTO Foundation Invites Application for 2020 Scholarships
CTO Foundation Invites Application for 2020 Scholarships - The CTO Scholarship Foundation the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO)s scholarship programme is accepting applications for scholarships and study grants until Friday 1 May.
- SureStay Hotel by Best Western Fairfield Napa Valley Makes Its Debut in California
SureStay Hotel by Best Western Fairfield Napa Valley Makes Its Debut in California - The property's location near world-class wineries and delicious restaurants makes it an optimal place to call home base when visiting Napa Valley. Also nearby is the Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer brewery with a tasting room and tours and the Vacaville Premium Outlets which boasts 120 stores. For families, the hotel offers free passes to the Jelly Belly Candy Factory, which provides tours of the facility where the popular candy is made.
- Former Apple CEO: Post Pandemic Business Travel Will Take a Hit - Industry Leaders
Former Apple CEO: Post Pandemic Business Travel Will Take a Hit - Industry Leaders - John Sculley, the former CEO of Apple, has become a great advocate of this way of working. And he believes remote working will challenge the business models of many airlines that rely on business travel as a source of revenue.
- Extraordinary Home Office Circumstances - By Ivan Bilan
Extraordinary Home Office Circumstances - By Ivan Bilan - We are currently in the worlds biggest Home Office experiment, at least for everyone whose job can be done online. Almost every single company has scrambled all of its technical resources in a matter of days to allow all of us to continue working from home. Its the only way to #FlattenTheCurve and let the doctors who are on the frontlines fighting the coronavirus catch their breath.
- ITB Virtual Convention: What is the Current Situation with AI?
ITB Virtual Convention: What is the Current Situation with AI? - In his lecture Florian Bauhuber talks about the future of tourism and the current situation regarding AI.
- MGM Resorts International Addresses Financial Impact Of COVID-19 And Steps To Mitigate COVID-19 Impact
MGM Resorts International Addresses Financial Impact Of COVID-19 And Steps To Mitigate COVID-19 Impact - MGM Resorts is proactively managing expenses, other cashflow items and its balance sheet position, including fully drawing its revolving credit facility
- ServSafe Offers Free Courses and Videos on Safe Practices for Takeout and Delivery
ServSafe Offers Free Courses and Videos on Safe Practices for Takeout and Delivery - The goal is to help operators and their employees practice safe food handling and delivery during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Chatham Lodging Trust Implements Plan to Mitigate COVID-19 Impact
Chatham Lodging Trust Implements Plan to Mitigate COVID-19 Impact - Chatham Lodging Trust (NYSE: CLDT) yesterday announced actions it is taking to address the operating and financial impact of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
Hospitality – Lodging & Travel Industry News
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hospitality and travel news from the BBC.
- How 6 countries are quarantining
How 6 countries are quarantining - Some shops in France are delivering “survival packs” of wine
- The food that defines Australia
The food that defines Australia - Australians have long been obsessed with the humble meat pie
- In Italy, signs of hope in uncertainty
In Italy, signs of hope in uncertainty - Italy’s unified response to the coronavirus is nothing short of inspiring
- Stranded abroad due to closed borders
Stranded abroad due to closed borders - How do you cope if you’re stuck in a country in lockdown?
- The German word for an ‘ache’ to travel
The German word for an ‘ache’ to travel - Think of it as the opposite of homesickness
- The world’s next superpowers
The world’s next superpowers - These five countries will shape the future of the planet
- This New Zealand river can sue you
This New Zealand river can sue you - It's inspired other nations to declare their natural resources as legal people
- BBC Travel author brief
BBC Travel author brief - What is BBC Travel?
- Fall in love with the world – every day
Fall in love with the world – every day - About BBC Travel
- Our coverage during coronavirus
Our coverage during coronavirus - While travelling is on hold, we will continue to inform and inspire readers